Petition Printing, Signing and Mailing Instructions
*BEFORE DOWNLOADING AND PRINTING*
You MUST have a printer capable of two-sided (duplex) printing. Each petition contains 2 pages that must be printed on white, 8 1/2 x 11 paper, front and back. Each individual petition CANNOT be printed on separate sheets. At the end you should have 5 individual sheets printed on both sides.
Do not alter the petitions, the margins and all dimensions are set per the OC Registrar specifications.
Breaking any of these rules will make sure your petitions will be rejected.
All petition signers must be made aware of the "Official Top Funder" sheet located here
If you're ready to download and print, click the button
Fellow residents of Huntington Beach:
THE "BIG 5" REASONS FOR THE HB RECALL
- The HB City Council members being recalled LIED to the HB citizens and violated their promises to fight the state on High Density housing and protect our HB Charter. On April 19th, 2021 they voted 5-1 to table, indefinitely, suing the State over the unlawful forced mandate that we zone for 13k more residential units. By NOT suing the State, they weaken our City Charter and forfeit our Local Control over our Zoning Statutes to the State. This is compounded further when the Governor signed last week Senate Bill 9 and Senate Bill 10 which further removes Local Control over City's Zoning Statutes by destroying single family Zoning. SB 9 allows a developer to build a duplex on a single family lot or a 4-plex by dividing the single family lot into two parcels. SB 10 allows Cities and Counties to draft an ordinance to allow a 10 Unit Apartment building on a single family lot.
- They passed $372 MILLION in bonds to purchase two existing High Density projects (Elan at Beach and Ellis and Breakwater behind Olive Garden on Beach Blvd) for PUBLIC HOUSING using a loophole known as a Joint Powers Agreement! Bonds are legally required to go to a Vote of the Citizens. These Housing Projects deny the city over $500,000.00 per year in property tax revenue for 35 years!! (Amortized at 2% increase per year the loss to city after 35 years is $1,000,000.00 per year). This one deal DOUBLED THE CITY’S DEBT IN UNDER 1 YEAR with nothing positive to show for it.
- They created "secret" 3 member boards and subcommittees with no public input or transparency and UNILATERALLY appointed agenda-driven members like their appointment of Rhonda Bolton to City Council.
- They have committed $15 million to start up a Homeless Shelter that should have been funded by the County. Ongoing costs will be in excess of $1.5 million per year....which should ALSO be funded by the county....and STILL have not put so much as a dent in the homeless crisis in our city. -
- They Voted to start a MASSIVE GOV'T expansion known as Community Choice Energy (CCE) that puts the city in the energy business under the guise of pushing "green" energy. Similar programs throughout the state are already failing and filing for bankruptcy. Riverside County's CCE filed for bankruptcy over the summer and dissolved. Everyone in H.B. will be automatically opted into the CCE program early next year and residents will then have to opt out if they want to remain with Southern California Edison.
Let's do this!
SAVE SURF CITY
For all inquiries - email@example.com